Monday, January 5, 2015

Glad to be Back!

It sure was nice to have a few weeks off for Christmas Break.  My family and I went to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.  We spent several days there and thoroughly explored the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  It truly felt like we had stepped into the pages of the novels; Diagon Alley was amazing.  My daughters went to Ollivander's Wand Shop and were chosen to participate and have their wands CHOOSE THEM.  They got to try out several different wands before the right one chose them.  It makes me want to reread the Harry Potter series, and I am putting that on my "To Be Read" list for this summer.


This is a picture of me and my girls in Diagon Alley; Gringotts is behind us.


I also surfed the internet a lot over Break and read up on my Professional Literature.  I found a few things I want to share with you:


- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - -

On a totally different note, I saw this and thought it was worth posting to generate conversation:




Thoughts?  Feedback?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I follow Kid President on YouTube (SoulPancake).  He made this video about  #BookItForward.  The idea is simple: share your favorite book with someone.


1 comment:

  1. Ms. Fitzgerald,
    I love your posts this week!

    *Inspiring boys to love reading is one of my favorite things about being a Librarian.(maybe because I love reading the action/adventure/fantasy books many boys like. :) Definitely sharing this resource!

    *I also really enjoyed your video regarding technology and teachers. It really speaks to the fact that teacher/teacher librarians are essential to the learning process. Technology is important and we should use it/stay updated/provide devices/etc., but its really about teaching our students to use technology while thinking critically. So that no matter what technology they are presented with they can create,problem solve, learn, teach others,etc. It is useless without the teacher! It's not enough for students to have technology, they need teachers to create the learning experience.

    *#bookitforward is awesome! Sharing a book now!

    ReplyDelete